Monday, February 3, 2014

Just another manic monday



I woke up early this morning with tears streaming down my face, and an empty feeling in my heart. I quickly jumped out of bed and checked on all my boys and kissed them softly on their forehead and watched them each for a good 10 minutes each as I prayed and thanked God for my blessings, the three that I have. You see I had a horrible nightmare,  a horrific nightmare that one of my boys was no longer with me. My heart still hurts thinking of this nightmare, I was so relieved it was just that a nightmare.

Since I was up an hour earlier I got the boys up too and I sat with them as we had breakfast, I didn't have an appetite so I just sat with them as they ate. Time was standing still, until 7:40am rolled around and then we needed to bust a move to get to school on time.

This is where the fun begins; What my plan was: I was in sweats as I left the house with my hair in a bun, and I assumed I would have enough time to get home after I dropped the kids off take a shower and get ready for the day, get my facial ( gift from my mother), study for four hours and head to school then pick up the kids at 7:40pm when I got home.

What happened: As I was driving my kids to school the check engine light that went on Saturday was still there come Monday morning. During the drop offs my toddler kept saying, "Mommy we are getting a new car today, I want a rent a car." I kept telling him we would not be getting a rent a car or a new car today. "Yes you is mommy!" 20 minutes later he says, "Mommy your car is on fire mommy, we are getting a new car." I didn't see any smoke or fire near my car, I assumed because it was chilly out he was seeing the cool air and got confused. As I dropped my toddler off at school, I see steam coming from my hood. I quickly get him out of the car. It keeps going, I asked another parent if they are seeing the same thing? The mother says yes. I quickly took him to his class and when I came out again it was still smoking. This other mother came over and was looking at my car. She said honey something is wrong with your car and it looks like you need new tires as well. I was overwhelmed, I didn't know how I was going to do this, I prayed for God to just calm my nerves.

The one person I called decided to belittle and point fingers and I was just sobbing at this point. I couldn't change the past I was in the now and the more I sobbed I was yelled at for sobbing and ridiculed more as this was somehow my fault. I didn't have anyone who could help me get my kids to school, take me to school, bank, pick up kids or go to school myself. I calmly drove to the bank with smoke coming from my car, I needed to transfer money to make sure I had the means to pay for this huge expense. When I called enterprise car rental I was advised that I needed to have a $300 deposit.  When I walked into my bank, they asked me how my day was and when I looked up without a word the lady said, "Oh my goodness are you ok?" I told her I was. I also had to cash a check and the funds wouldn't be available until Tuesday morning and I didn't have enough with what I was transferring to cover the down payment and other bills. She got her manager and they fixed it so it was available. That was a huge blessing.

I dropped my car off at Saddleback Automotive ( I have been taking my cars there for over 15 years, they are honest and fair with their prices) and I was told the check engine light gave a code for driving lean? Have no idea what that means, they did explain it however I was too upset to comprehend everything, I did manage to retain this :  its going to cost me $500 not including new tires. That includes an oil change and fixing a hole somewhere in the pipe or something and flushing something out. I was told that explained the steam coming from my engine, again they explained in detail however I still can't comprehend what they said as I was in another zone.

If it doesn't end I had to call my apartment complex to let them know that they couldn't cash my check for another three days due to whats going on. The assistant manger asked what was going on so I told her. She asked where I was and I told her I was at my mechanics waiting. She told me she would be right there to pick me up before I could tell her I had enterprise coming. When I told I was covered she asked if there was anything she could do to help me. I couldn't think of anything and thanked her for her kindness. I was blown away.

When I went to enterprise I could barley talk I knew this was going to be another blow to my checking account. As I was finishing filling out my paperwork at Enterprise they told me my car was ready. When I went to get it, it was a sports car. The manager and associate both smiled outside next to the car and said, we know you are having a bad day and we wanted to brighten it up for you. I laughed hysterically, they thought I was crazy. I was flattered because I never drove a sports car before however I knew this was going to be a challenge since I had a car seat and kids to get in the car. They told me not to worry because they have child locks in the back.








As much as I loved the kind gesture I declined, and I got this car instead. Lets just say they accommodated me on every level and their customer service touched my heart.



The wonderful associate smiling and giving me the thumbs up and telling me he really hopes my day gets better. They wanted to ensure Enterprise could at least brighten it on their end. They certainly did!





After I got my awesome rent a car I felt a little better….

I was 40 minutes late for my facial, yes I still went to get a facial. You see it took three months of canceling and rescheduling, I couldn't do this again to this person. I'm glad I didn't because I needed something relaxing and my face needed some pampering. Vita Nova Facials and Waxing is offering complimentary eyebrow shaping with the purchase of a facial for the month of February. Since I had a gift certificate this was an added bonus. I can't wait to tell you more about Vita Nova Facials and Waxing in posts to come!


During my facial Olga, the owner was telling me about this fabulous place to have lunch. Since I haven't eaten anything all day I was salivating as she was mentioning the wonderful menu items. So I said I would love to go to lunch and hang out. We enjoyed coffee and this salmon salad and talked for nearly two hours. It was nice to have someone to talk to and learn about facials and how to take care of your face and what products are the best to use. When it was time to go, she bought my lunch which was so unexpected and generous.


I made a new friend today, I was shown kindness from strangers throughout my day. What started out  upsetting and uncertain for me, God knew what was going to happen. I am glad it turned out the way it did. I have a new perspective on things. To not take things for granted, despite how major they might seem I truly have been blessed and will continue to be even with trials in my life. I still have no idea how all of this is going to pan out, however I know it will and I thank God for everything. I will give joy and praise to him even in my trials.

58 comments:

Lisa said...

Awesome story :) , loved it! It's nice to know there are still really good people in this world! Blessings to you!

bxcrochet said...

Glad you had kind strangers making your day less stressful.

Michelle F.

Jenn Worden said...

Thank you for sharing your fabulous story so touching, it's amazing the way things work out.

MikiHope said...

There really are good people around although you might not realize it until something occurs like what happened to you. I am so happy that things worked out and that you were able to get back on track somewhat.

Lisa said...

Touching Story There Are A Few Nice People Out There Thank God!!

Kay Adeola said...

Thank you for sharing and i am so glad people were kind to you we all need this on bad days but it really proves that god is good and with every cloud there is a silver lining in this case it allowed you to see that the small things others can do can make your day better....oh and that sports car yes please i know i could not fit the kiddies in it but i would have t just for the fun of it lol.

Masshole Mommy said...

It's so refreshing to hear stories about people being kind. I know it's kind of a stereotype, but it's true that a lot of people up here in Boston aren't very nice in general. I don't know if I had been in your situation that things would have turned out so well.

Coolmoms Cooltips said...

You had me in a roller coaster ride with this post! Even tears in my eyes at the kindness of strangers in one single day! You are indeed very blessed!

Momma Mellon said...

I'm so glad everything turned out well! I hope your car gets fixed and everything goes well!

Elisebet F said...

That sounds incredibly stressful, but wow, it's neat how people -strangers- stepped up to help you! Very inspiring.

Aisha Kristine Chong said...

It's so heartwarming to know that there are people with a very good heart still around us :)

Vinma said...

What a neat sports car and what a kind gesture from the Enterprise staff! Sorry you had to go through the experience of your car breaking down in the beginning of the day but glad to know that everything turned out well at the end.

Teresa McCluskey said...

I am always looking for that one kind person to pop up! I know I try to do the same as well and if I see someone needs something I help! I think it is great that the sports car got switched for you I have 2 babies so I would have been the same way

Sandra McCollum said...

love it when you find good in humanity, faith is often restored on good deeds! Glad they were able to bless you life that day! Cheers to no more manic Mondays....xo San

Elise said...

Wow, what an awesome, inspiring story! Your apartment complex manager just blows me away. This is inspiration to me to show kindness. Thanks for sharing! :)

Michele Butcher said...

What a great end to a crummy day! It is so good to make new friends. It is so good that you are looking at you blessings instead of the bad. I hope your day keeps getting better!

Theresa Mahoney said...

Man, what a horrible day you had to endure, but I am so happy that through the kindness of strangers, it really perked up for you!

Lexie Lane said...

Oh my gosh! I felt like crying at first and my heart racing just thinking about what you were going through. Glad there was a happy ending!

Nathan W Pace said...

Reminds me of that saying, "Be kind to everyone you meet, you don't know what battles they are fighting" Cheers to you and so glad you found the silver lining of your cloudy day! :)

QueenB said...

stories like this restore my faith in people!! thank you!

i also hope things improve for you

Jessica Harlow said...

I love that despite all the turmoil of that day you were still able to find the true blessings there. Isn't it amazing what kind of impact perfect strangers can have?

Amberlee said...

I love it when people go out of their way to make others happy. It doesn't happen often, but when it does it feels amazing even if it wasn't you that was made happy. Thank you for sharing and I'm glad someone tried to make your day :)

Jen B said...

So glad that everything worked out well for you!

Lawna Noe said...

I am glad your day ended up getting better. What a chaotic Monday!

Lisa said...

Even though you had a bad day, you had lots of angels in your path.

AMBER EDWARDS said...

Oh what a day! I do not envy such a day. I have had a horrible start to a day like that. Those bad dreams just don't start you off right.
I'm so glad you found a few wonderful people that were able to help you out. Especially the awesome guys at Enterprise.

Melanie B said...

What a day! Though it did turn out better than it started. Glad some people were helpful to you

Fabulous Perks said...

What a great way to end you day! I'm glad things turned out great for you.

(Terry) My Journey With Candida said...

How nice that you had strangers step in and make your day seem so much better. I sure could go for a facial about right now.

Pam said...

I'm so glad that people stepped up for you in your time of need. It's amazing how people turn up for you when you really need it. Wishing you a better rest of the week.

Sarah-Louise Bailey said...

Aw it's so nice to hear when people help out - sometimes we seem to forget those good things and just remember the bad - thank you for sharing your story though I'm sorry you had such trouble to start with !

Coralie with UtahCouponDeals said...

It is always a blessing when others help you, especially on a bad day. I am glad you got it all worked out and who couldn't smile at getting to drive that car around? NICE!

Teresa Moody said...

What a nice thing to do! When things get bad, it's nice to know people will step up.

Jennifer Williams said...

I am sorry you had such a bad day, car issues are always the worst as we rely on our vehicles so much. I am glad you had so many people go out of their way to make your day better.

Cynthia Landrie said...

Sounds like your day turned out well after all. It is so frustrating to have car issues, but nice to know there are still great folks out there that are willing to help out. Hope things get better for you

Kelly Sue said...

Nightmares are the worst! Or better yet, that first moment your baby sleeps through the night...and you are afraid something terrible has happened in the night. :( Motherhood brings so much worry doesn't it? http://www.coastalKel.com

Celebrity VIP Lounge said...

That is a great story. Glad everything worked out well for you!

Lady Lilith said...

I hate it when I make a plan and everything falls through. I am glad to hear that the rest of you day turned out well.

trisha said...

Im glad it was just a dream! Its a good reminder to love the life we live.

debdenny said...

What a day! I am so glad things did happen to brighten the bad day you were having!

Maria said...

Wow!! what a nice ending to a bad experience! Glad you had a nice time despite the car problems.

Tough Cookie Mommy said...

It's always good to see a company with good customer service. This makes things so much easier.

Liz @ A Nut in a Nutshell said...

The world was smiling on you that day to make up for the bumps in the road. What a wonderful line-up of happy things!

Pam said...

It looks like you turned a negative in to a whole lot of positives. I hope you can get all of your issues resolved with your car and some new tires for sure. Good luck to you.

Stephanie Pass said...

It's amazing how the kindness of strangers can make a bad day turn around.

Pauline Cabrera said...

This is a great story! Thank you for sharing! There's kindness everywhere and God showed it to you on a day you need it the most.

Milena said...

Kids always know! They have an awesome sense of intuition- just like you do mommy! Glad it all worked out for you.

Unknown said...

This is an awesome story! God always works things out for us, we need only be still and let him work on our behalf..

Casa Vilora Interiors said...

It is good to be kind to others because you never know when you will need it. Great story

Brittnei Washington said...

This was such a beautiful story! I loved how each point where you thought you would be bombarded with something crazy that people were there to help you. I've noticed sometimes, the people we know can be a bit harsh and then strangers are the ones that are used to help and benefit us. Ironically awesome. So glad things turned out well for you. It's funny that your toddler saw it coming :)

Diane N said...

Wow, sounds like your son is psychic! Love that your day turned out brighter.

Ashley Gill said...

I'm so glad your day turned around! Sometimes the people in our lives that we think we can rely on are the ones that crap on us the most. Maybe its time to find new people like Olga!

Jaredamy said...

Wow, I am glad your day got much better!! Sometimes my kids freak me out with their amazing intuition!! Hope tonight is nightmare free for you!

Amanda Love said...

Sometimes all it takes is one act of kindness to make your day better. I'm happy that it turned out great for you. Thanks for sharing your story.

Robyn Good said...

Monday's are always stressful for me too!

Eliz Frank said...

Beautiful share... God is good all the time. Your story touched me. I needed to hear it. TY!
Eliz

Eliz Frank said...

I'm really happy for you that things worked out... It's good to see positive outcomes in hard times.
Eliz

becca said...

Glad you had kind strangers making your day less stressful.

Post a Comment