Monday, July 28, 2014

Wild Flours Bake Shop






Last month I went to Wild Flours Bake Shop Located in Huntington; Long Island. This was a super treat because I have some friends who have a gluten allergy and I was so excited to try this out while I was visiting. I had the pleasure of meeting with Carolyn who is the owner and baker at her shop. When meeting with her I could tell her enthusiasm shakes off into her shop and baked goods. She only Organic ingredients and the highest quality items for her shop. 







She doesn't allow anything gluten into her shop and if that wasn't enough her food was absolutely delicious. I have to be honest most of the gluten free food that I have had was disgusting and I could use it if I was ever trapped in a dungeon and I needed to break my way out, as most of the gluten free baked goods I have tried prior were hard, dull and tasteless. Something I wouldn't give to my dog, well if I had a dog that is. 

This was not the case. Not only was this a cosy feel when you walked in to your neighborhood shop you could also smell all the wonderful yummies being baked. 





I decided to come in on a friday and I am so happy I did as I got to try the Quiche!




When I picked out the Quiche I wanted to eat, I told them that I wanted the Gluten free one. They just smiled and said they all were gluten free.








It was so delicious and I really couldn't believe it was gluten free. I mean it was actually delicious. So much so that I wanted to have the Quiche not only for breakfast but for lunch and dinner! This was the best Quiche I have EVER had and it was GLUTEN free. PINCH me now!


My appetite didn't stop there, I also tried the panini 



OMG I don't even have words…..HOW COULD SOMETHING THIS GOOD BE GLUTEN FREE



After we had our breakfast favorites it was time to indulge my sweet tooth and see if their gluten free treats tasted as fabulous as they looked!







When Choosing my desserts to try, I kindly asked where the gluten free section was. They laughed and said again for the 100th time, " Everything in this STORE is gluten free." 









You can't have dessert without having a hot cup of coffee!






Your eyes will be so tantalized with all the glorious and beautiful foods.  I was such a skeptic asking if what I was eating was REALLY gluten free. I was told it was. I am not sure how something so good could be gluten free. 

If you live on Long Island you NEED to try this bakery, even if you don't have a gluten allergy. They also use casein free ingredients as well on selective items. 



Everything is organic and fresh! Not to mention delicious. I know I have said that so many times throughout this post…you just have to try out Wild Flours Bake Shop for yourself. I promise you, it will be love at first bite!


For those of you who don't live in NY don't worry, Wild Flours Bake Shop ships to you! 


Carolyn I said it multiple times when we spoke and I am going to  say it BEG again…. Please Please PLEASE open a shop in Southern California. 

The Beautiful Carolyn, thank you for allowing us to stop by. You have a wonderful shop and such amazing goodies. I can't wait to stop by again…until then I will have to do with getting your treats shipped to me. 


























































































61 comments:

debdenny said...

Looks like a place I want to see. A feast for the eyes, mouth and nose, I bet.

DeDa Studios said...

Oh My Goodness the Quiche looks delicious! I love Quiche - wish I lived closer!

Kay Adeola said...

Looks like a lovely place to visit. the food looks so good.

Masshole Mommy said...

Oh that quiche looks heavenly! That sounds like a really amazing place!! I wish I lived closer.

Grace said...

This looks like a wonderful shop and I wish we had one in our area. I love she uses organic ingredients.

Heather Jones said...

Her food looks great, I just feel so many people jump on the "gluten free bandwagon" like everyone did with atkins. The only people allergic to gluten are people with Celiac's disease. There have been double blind studies proving this, but I know this isn't the point of your post. Their food looks amazing and its great that this shop can make the food taste really good. I do have a friend with Celiac's disease who would be delighted to find this place.

Barb Webb said...

Wow! I think I could get into a lot of trouble in this shop... calorie-wise, that is! Also money-wise, too, I'm sure as I see so many things I'd love to bring home!

Jennifer Williams said...

That looks amazing. I would love to visit there. I try hard to stick to the GF diet my doctor told me to do but it is so hard - getting easier but still hard. This would make it easier.

Janel (A Mom's Take) said...

What a nice little place to grab some food. I'll have to pay them a visit. That quiche sounds really delicious.

Rachel @RunningRachel said...

Oh my yum! This place looks delicious :) What a great selection of GF foods!

GayNYCDad said...

OMG, my post today is about a cooking school as well! They served us their Quiche Lorraine, and it was the best I have ever tasted. These expert chefs are something else!
Mitch

Dallas Socials said...

I love that you can call ahead and they'll cook a frozen quiche for You. Talk about an easy dinner!

becca said...

What a fun and delicous day you had. I like that you can call ahead and get a frozen quiche to bring home so good.

3citygirlsnyc said...

I'm not too far from Long Island and I think I'm going to gather my little troops in the minivan and head on over. Quiche is my husband's favorite treat.

Tracey said...

What a cute little shop. That quiche looks so good!

jaime said...

This place sounds great. I love that they have the various options (not just gluten free.) A colleague can't have something that is in dairy, and it's hard to find dairy-free desserts for her!

Tami said...

I love the name of the shop. Very cute. :)

And quiche...I could live on that for a week. Everything looks so good, especially the desserts.

Your review rocks!! :)

Danielle said...

This place looks amazing and all those tasty treats are making me hungry. I want to gobble up each and everything in those pictures.

Just Short said...

The food looks great! Quiche sounds really good right now.

Lindsey Paris said...

Call ahead quiche! GF is everywhere now!

Coolmoms Cooltips said...

everything looks so great in there yummmmm! I would have not let my appetite, and probably would have gone for quiche and panini just like you

Dawn said...

I'm loving the gluten free push that I'm seeing lately. Gluten is just terrible for you, and with this new push, there are a lot of tasty looking recipes coming out. I plan on trying everyone that I can.

Celebrity VIP Lounge said...

Wow, that would be a dangerous place for me. Looks amazing. Amber N

Sarah-Louise Bailey said...

Oh wow what a lovely looking place - the food looks delicious - I want to try it all :D x

Lady Lilith said...

That looks like such a great place. I am happy that people on gluten free diets can eat well.

The Rebel Chick said...

What a great spot for a brunch! That quiche is calling my name, I love quiche!

Pam said...

All of that food looks delicious! My daughter has celiac, so finding somewhere like this would be a dream come true for her.

Anna L said...

Wow, what a great bake shop! We went on the gfcf diet for a while last year and I was able to make a lot of really great tasting foods, but it would've been so nice to have a place like this close by for those times when you just want something tasty and convenient.

Shell said...

Their menu looks amazing! I'd like to eat there!

Nicole Standley said...

Wow - very cool! Love Wild Flours!

The Positive MOM said...

So many delicacies and beautiful smiles! My eyes lit up when I read "vegetarian options." I'm sure they would do vegan, too.

Carly said...

All of this food looks so delicious! We don't eat gluten free, but I am sure we would still enjoy this food!

Theresa Mahoney said...

I think a shop like this would be very beneficial in my area. I know many people who have had to adopt to the gluten free diet, so dining out can be a hassle for them at times. What a great place for those with gluten sensitivities!

Babita@BabsProjects said...

All the pictures of food is making me hungry. It is nice that this place offers tons of options for people with gluten allergies.

Beth@FrugalFroggie said...

That food looks so yummy!! I would be very tempted to try it.

Cam Bibs and Baubles said...

So much yummyness in one post! I love the panini's. Everything looks so good.

Pam said...

The food looks fabulous and your review lets us know that it taste delicious. I will have to stop by the next time I am in the area.

Amanda Ripsam said...

of course this place isn't in Michigan, There is one that is kinda like it but on a smaller scale it's more like a bakery/coffee house and I love places like this

Maria Constanza Oller said...

it is 3am here in Texas and I'm 36 weeks pregnant now every time I close my eyes I see those paninis your post made drool and the muffins oh gosh those blue berry muffins

mail4rosey said...

That's nice that everything there is Gluten Free. Everything looks very tasty too! I'd love to visit.

Laura Grace Andry said...

I love quiche. It is such a tasty and simple breakfast food that is great reheated too! Now I want quiche! We are not a gluten free household, but this food looks delish.

Krystal Butherus said...

It looks really good! I love those cupcakes and that organic chopped salad needs to be my lunch! ;)

Rena McDaniel said...

This stuff looks delicious. I haven't been on the gluten free train either because everything I have tried hasn't been that good. But this looks great and it's almost time for lunch!!!!

Chrystal Mahan said...

What a really neat shop. I think more cities could benefit from an alternative bakery like this.

Trista Laborn said...

What a fun day you had, those pasturies looks so good! Thank you for sharing!

Marina @ Mommy Snippets said...

How fun! That looks like awesome quiche too!

Christie C said...

I really love the feel of a local bakery. Your pictures make everything look so yummy

Jaredamy said...

It is so hard to find a good gluten free bakery around here, nevermind an entire dedicated eatery! Eveything looks so good!

Lori said...

I don't need gluten free items, thankfully. However, I wouldn't mind a couple of those cupcakes!!

lisamc7 said...

That looks like a lovely bakeshop. ALL the eats looks good - I would leave with a very full tummy!

Cheap Is The *New* Classy said...

That quiche looks amazing! I love how they offer a wide variety of gluten free products!

Toni Patton said...

OH my gosh, everything looks amazing. I love that they offer gluten free products.

Marielle Altenor said...

Wow I think I gained about 10LBS looking at all this delicious goodies! I love going to local bakery shops like this!

Tough Cookie Mommy said...

I love specialty bakeries and restaurants that cater to those with dietary restrictions. Since I have some of those restrictions, it helps a lot.

Cynthia Wright said...

Awesome shop! All the treats looks soo yummy.

Marina @ Mommy Snippets said...

Everything looks wonderful. That looks like a great shop!

Cassie Tucker said...

Everything looks so delicious. That panini looks to die for.

Danielle @ We Have It All said...

Now this shop needs to be in every major city for sure... I need one by me!! I love how awesome all the food it! Love the organic, gluten free, etc. this is great!!

Emily said...

I'm super jealous right now! I'd love for this to be in our backyard! What an awesome place!

Savory Experiments said...

I love the options for GF dishes! I'm trying to prepare GF meals at least twice a week. The options are really limitless!

Julie Wood said...

This place looks like such a great place to eat. Everything looks so delicious and I would love to try their food.

Post a Comment